1/04/2013

Margaux's favourite well-known European figure is Brigitte Bardot



Brigitte Bardot was born on 28th September 1934 in Paris. She is a French actress and singer, activist for animal rights, founder and leader of the foundation which bears her name.

She is world-famous, a star, muse of the greatest artists of our time, an emblem of the emancipation of women.

"BB" is one of the most famous French artists and was the biggest star of European cinema after the War. She put an end to her career in 1973 to devote herself to the defense of animals.

In 1976, after seeing a documentary about seal pup culling, she started a major international campaign. This amazing woman said during an interview: “If I'm here, it’s not for tourism or to be photographed but to find a solution to the problem and I beg the Canadian government to find a solution to this problem. [...] We must tell you that, even if seal hunting is over 300 years, traditions change and only idiots never change their minds.”

In 1986, Bardot created in Saint-Tropez the Brigitte Bardot Foundation which is an organization to protect animals.

She said: “I gave my beauty and my youth to men. I give my wisdom and my experience and the best of myself to animals”.

In my opinion, Brigitte Bardot is an amazing woman because she fights for something dear to her heart and is not afraid of people’s opinion about her. She is a role model for all Europeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment